Rosa's Green Curry from 'Rosa's Thai Cafe: The Cookbook'
Rose Mccullough |
A good Thai Green Curry is hard to beat - sweet, spicy and creamy, it ticks all of the boxes. Rosa's Green Curry from Rosa's Thai Cafe: The Cookbook is a Green Curry with a twist, with inspiration taken from the founder, Saiphin's, time in China.Rosa's Green Curry Serves 4 Ingredients
- 500g of chicken breast
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 3tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of green curry paste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 cup of pea eggplants
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1tsp of palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of sweet basil leaves
- 2 red bird's eye chillies, diagonally sliced
- A sprig of sweet basil
- Wash the chicken breast and slice into bite-sized pieces. Boil the chicken in 1 cup of coconut milk over a medium heat until cooked, then turn down the heat and let it simmer.
- In another pan, heat the oil over a high heat and sauté the green curry paste until it is fragrant. Gradually add the rest of the coconut milk and cook until the oil splits and rises to the surface. Add the kaffir lime leaves and the rest of the coconut milk. Cook over a medium heat and add the cooked chicken. Bring the curry to a boil then add the pea eggplant and the sweet basil leaves.
- Ladle into a serving bowl, garnish with a sweet basil sprig and serve.