Bunny Little's Raspberry Meringue Kisses - Recipe
Cat Byers |
This exclusive recipe was made for Love Food Love Drink by Katy Taylor, the founder of Bunny Little's Bakery. Check out our interview with her here!Ingredients:
- 50g egg white
- 100g sugar
- 20g Raspberry Puree (blitz fresh raspberries)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of red food colouring
- A Splash of water
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in the sugar until a little of the mixture between your thumb and forefinger feels smooth, not gritty. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Blitz fresh raspberries to create a puree. Add the raspberry puree to the egg, sugar and vanilla mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pipe or spoon small portions onto tray. Next put 2 teaspoons of red food colouring with a splash of water in a spray bottle and spray meringues to create a dabbled effect.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until dry but not browned. Turn off the oven but leave meringues to cool down completely inside it before assembling on a plate ready to eat!