Christmas 2015 - Fun Food & Treats
Pritesh Mody |
Want some foodie inspiration this Christmas?
Check out some of the exciting things we've been nibbling on (*gorging on)* as we approach the most gluttonous day of the year!
- Panettone by Nudo - Panattones as quintessentional during Christmas as geeky jumpers and comedy socks. And what's not to love? A fluffy mound of bready, fruity cake that you casually tear whenever the mood strikes or a cup of tea appears. Nudo's version is particularly delicious, mainly as they've replaced the butter content with some of their famous olive oil to create an ultra light and moist version that will have you utterly hooked! £20 from https://www.nudoadopt.com/shop/
- Tesco Finest Berry And Cone Fruit Cake - Despite resembling something you'd see at a wedding, this is actually a pretty darn delicious Christmas cake and what's more, it actually provides two cakes for the price of one! The bottom layer consists of a rich fruit cake infused with brandy and Cognac, whilst the top layer provides a chocolate and orange fruit cake. £15 from Tesco
- Tracklements Festive Gift Tin - Don't get caught short with rubbish condiments this Christmas. Bring your festive food to life with this Christmas condiments tin, including a deliciously tangy Onion Marmalade that's perfect with a soft ripe brie and a Cranberry & Orange Sauce with Port to make a mouth-watering leftover turkey sandwich. Around £12 from http://www.tracklements.co.uk/gifts-hampers
- Graze Christmas Pudding - Billed as the Christmas pudding for those who don't like Christmas puddings, this delicious dessert is generously infused with champagne and accompanied by a Belgian white chocolate sauce and fruity freeze dried raspberries. It still retains enough traditional character to keep the purists happy, but the modern twists are great fun and delicious. Available from www.graze.com, RRP at £8
- Krispy Kreme Christmas Range - Treats don't get much more guilt inducing than Krispy Kreme doughnuts and their seasonal range has plenty to tempt the sweet toothed. The square shaped buns of fun are available in two seasonal flavours: a Chocolate Truffle Parcel and Strawberry & White Chocolate number, both of which will provide the perfect sugar induced rush to get through gloomy afternoons! Available from Krispy Kreme stores.
- Cocoa Runners Craft Chocolate Collection - Enjoy some proper chocolate this Christmas with this gift box by leading experts, Cocoa Runners. Handcrafted from the company by artisan chocolate maker Jordis, the exclusive collection features walnuts, coffee beans, cocoa beans and crystalised ginger, covered in a blend of Madagascan and Columbian chocolate, with all but the walnuts then finished with a light dusting of cocoa powder. £9.95 from http://cocoarunners.com/shop/by/kits
- Smoked Reindeer Salami by Scandikitchen - Reindeer may be famous for pushing old Santa Claus around, but what most people don't know is that Rudolph and his chums are also incredibly tasty. Place it on your charcuterie board this Christmas and you'll have the ultimate talking point when friends come round! £4.15 from http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/product/johan-i-hallen-renkorv/
- Paul A Young Brownie Mince Pies - Mince pie purists will no doubt be horrified at the thought of this hybrid, but in the hands of award winning chocolatier Paul A Young, we reckon it's a bit of a Christmas cracker. The shortest of buttery sweet pastry is filled with a rich port and brandy mincemeat then baked with a thick topping of their ridonkulously rich gooey fudgy brownie. £2.50 each from Paul A Young shops.
- Cutter & Squidge Festive Biskies - having pioneered the 'Biskie', a ridiculously indulgent hybrid of a cake and biscuit, Cutter & Squidge has released it's festive flavours, and they are seriously delicious. The flavours include Chocolate Orange, Ginger Bread Latte and best of all, a Mince Pie inspired version. Available from http://cutterandsquidge.com
- Chocolate Christmas Trees - still trying to decide whether to go for a real or artificial tree this Christmas? Well now there's a third option made entirely of chocolate! Made from Smarties, Maltesers, Haribo and other popular chocolates, the challenge with these trees to take actually make them last until Christmas! Starts at £25 from http://www.cuckooland.com/dnc/cuckooland/products/search.aspx?st=sweet%20tree
- 'How to Cook Everything' Print - Always forgetting how many eggs to put in your Yorkshire pudding batter? Need to brush up on your roasting times? Stick one of these stylish prints on your kitchen wall and Christmas lunch (and loads of other meals) will be a doddle! Available from notonthehighstreet.com/paperplane for £18
- La Maison Maille Truffle Gift Set - Add the luxurious taste of aroma of truffles to your Christmas feasting with this delicious gift set from mustard specialists, Maille. Comprising of a 125g jar of Black Truffle & Chablis Mustard, a rich Truffle Oil and a snazzy wooden spoon, the set is also presented in an ornate black and gold gift box, making it ideal as a gift as well as for personal indulgence! £58 from www.maille.com/en_GB/gifts/all-gifts