Let It Burn - The Science of Spice at Southbank Alchemy Festival
Pritesh Mody |
Dr Fiona Russell, a biomedical scientist and leading expert on the science of chillies at King's College London and Pritesh Mody, owner of World of Zing Spice Emporium are hosting Alchemy's ‘hottest' event: 'Let It Burn - The Science of Spice'The masterclass will look to deal with a number of 'burning' issues around the science of chillies, including:
- Ever wondered what effect Chillies really have on our bodies?
- We are all familiar with the burning mouth, red face and sweating that occurs after eating hot chilli peppers. But why do some people cope with eating hot food much better than others?
- What really is the best way of calming the chilli burn (and how effective is a cold beer after a hot curry)?
- This fun and interactive talk will delve into the science of chillies, including a tasting of some of the world's rarest and spiciest varieties from World of Zing's range!
- 20th May. Arrive between 5.30pm-6.30pm for a private viewing of the Aromatic Art Exhibition. Masterclass from: 6.45pm-8pm (only 30 tickets available to each session)
- 21th May. Arrive between 5.30pm-6.30pm for a private viewing of the Aromatic Art Exhibition. Masterclass from: 6.45pm-8pm (only 30 tickets available to each session)
- Tickets are £20/person including a free pack of World of Zing rare chillies, a jar of Naga Chilli Pickle to take home and a glass of Pink Pigeon Vanilla Spiced Rum Cocktail
- Reserve your place at the following link: www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whatson/let-it-burn-the-science-gener-92094 Location: World of Zing Bar & Gallery, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX