As seen on Channel 4 Sunday Brunch on 23 April 2017, our Flavour Guru Pritesh Mody’s Oven Fried Chicken recipe provides a healthy twist on traditional Fried Chicken!
- 6 Pieces of bone-in and skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 30g World of Zing Texas Hot Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 150g Polenta
- 150g Buckwheat
- 150g Panko or regular Breadcrumbs
- 100g of plain flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinade the Chicken in the spice blend and cider vinegar for at between 1 hour and 12 hours
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Cook the chicken, skin side down for 20 minutes
- Create a paste with the flour and around 100ml of water. You want a yogurt-like consistency. Season with a couple of generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Mix the Polenta with the Breadcrumbs in a large bowl or plate, and season generously so that you can see specs of black pepper in the mix and taste the salt
- Once the chicken has cooked for 20minutes, remove it from the oven and put in a plate
- Grease the baking tray with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Return the chicken skin-side down to the baking tray. Cook for 15minutes, then turn them over and cook for a further 15minutes, until the coating is golden and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with Coleslaw, some Spicy BBQ Sauce and the feeling of satisfaction that you’ve managed to cook healthy ‘fried’ chicken!
Watch more recipes ideas at www.worldofzing.com/us/zing-press